Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 2001 00:30:27 -0500
From:      "Howie Xu" <hxu@rios.sitaranetworks.com>
To:        <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ISR not triggered upon the interrupts and OS hangs

Dear Freebsd Hackers,

Here is a question regarding my bsd device drivers:

I used the pci_map_int() to register an interrupt handler for my PCI device
(intline = 12). But when the interrupt comes in, the handler (ISR) is not
triggered at all. But the OS hangs and I can see continuous interrupts
coming in on the PCI sniffer.

The reason I am sure that my handler was never triggered is because the only
statement in the ISR is panic("..."). But my machine never panic when the
intr comes in (verified by the pci logic analyzer). I did verified the
return value of pci_map_int() is right.

Btw, I think the OS hangs because it is busy handling the incoming
continuous interrupts. Is my judgment making sense?

Could anyone give me any hint that might lead to this ISR not being
triggered upon interrupt question?

Any kind of comments/hints/help would be greatly appreciated. Or if you can
let me know a way to debug it in the OS level is also very very welcome.

Thanks,

-Howie