Date:      Sat, 8 Feb 1997 00:04:17 -0600
From:      john@dexter.starfire.mn.org (John Lind)
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   DES for 2.1.6?

I have loaded up a system with a full 2.1.6 and applied the patches
from SA-97:01 and done a make world.  Now I would like to put in
the DES stuff (necessary because I have to share a password database
with Solaris and Unixware), but the 2.1.6 directory is locked (with
good reason, and I understand that).  Can I use the DES source from
2.1.5 that I have tucked away on another machine?  Unfortunately,
I do not have the sources, just the binaries.

I am sure that this whole situation must be very frustrating for
all of you.  I know how you have labored to make FreeBSD a trusted
platform for commercial and other serious development, and to find
something like this, left over from CSRG probably, and no fault of
your own, must be maddening.

		 John Lind, Starfire Consulting Services
E-mail: john@starfire.MN.ORG	    USnail: PO Box 17247, Mpls MN  55417