Date:      Sat, 8 Feb 1997 12:19:37 +0100
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        K.R.Marshall@ukc.ac.uk (K.R.Marshall)
Cc:        scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Nakamichi 4-disk changers

As K.R.Marshall wrote:

> Anyhow, I had to add the following lines to scsiconf.c - I hope this diff
> is useable - I'm not too experienced at such things. It is relative to
> 3.0-SNAP of 18/01 but it should be easy enough to adapt for other releases
> too I think.

Thanks, i'll include it.

> This server won't go online for a couple of weeks so if anyone wants me to
> test out CD-ROM changer code I'll be happy to oblige.

I've got a Nakamichi 7-disk changer here for testing.  The biggest
problem i found (after fixing the ``Logical unit is in the process of
becoming ready'' problem) is that the drives are likely to go
thrashing on concurrent access, since the kernel doesn't lock one
medium in a device for long enough, so the drives will finally be very
busy constantly swapping their media.

--
cheers, J"org