Date:      Fri, 14 Feb 1997 12:36:55 +0100
From:      regnauld@deepo.prosa.dk (Philippe Regnauld)
To:        thorpej@nas.nasa.gov (Jason Thorpe), msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: undocumented kernel options...

Jason Thorpe (thorpej) ecrit/writes:

> 	- bloat-ware (if you ship a GUI tool, you are basically required
> 	  to ship X, etc... I'm not about to force X on my users... :-)
> 	- maintenance nightmare

	Could be a port.  It *would* be nice to see it there with
	'Apache' configuration and 'Samba'.  XFree does have an X
	configuration tool now :-)

> In our world, config(8) is simply too flexible, and having to update
> the GUI to deal each time would .. suck.

	True.

> This is why I tend to resist "GUI as standard equipment".  "Ok, so we have
> to ship this library now..."  Really, if it's going to ship with the OS,
> make it a curses thing... (Then, you can even run it on a serial console,
> which is important for server systems and, well, my hp 340 :-)

	Good point.  Using libdialog should be possible -- Michael, to what
	point is your parser dependant on Tk ?

--
							-- Phil

-[ Philippe Regnauld   /   Systems Administrator   /    regnauld@prosa.dk ]-