Date:      Tue, 11 Jun 2002 19:30:56 -0400
From:      "Jack Xiao" <jack_xiao99@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>, "Lowell Gilbert" <lowell@world.std.com>, "Mark S." <mark@furball.net>, "Derek Ragona" <derek@computinginnovations.com>
Subject:   Re: ssh questions

Hi,

I got ssh work without typing the username and password. But need further
step, use sftp without typing username and passowrd. I have thought if ssh
works fine, there's no problem with sftp. But I was still asked for the
password when using sftp. Any ideas will be appreciated.

In addition, is it less secure for the ssh if there is no passphrase?

Thanks.

Jack