Date:      Sat, 9 Dec 2000 22:54:54 -0800
From:      rsowders@usgs.gov
To:        Kal Torak <kaltorak@quake.com.au>
Cc:        FreeBSD-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>, owner-freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ssh port broken?

If you want ssh there is no reason to install the
port, it is part of the OS now.  You just need to
enable it in the /etc/rc.conf file.  Copy the
ssh_enable=yes line from the /etc/defualts/rc.conf
into the /etc/rc.conf and reboot.

You should deintall the ssh port if you installed it.

                    Kal Torak
                    <kaltorak@quake.com.au        To:     FreeBSD-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
                    >                             cc:
                    Sent by:                      Subject:     ssh port broken?
                    owner-freebsd-stable@F
                    reeBSD.ORG

                    12/09/2000 04:01 PM

Hiyas,

When I recently tried to make the ssh port on 4.2 Stable, it breaks
when checking for xauth...
If ssh depends on xauth shouldn't it install it?
Was the port broken or something? Or am I the problem?

Anyone know whats going on with it?

Thanks all,
Kal.