Date:      Thu, 25 Apr 2002 08:22:14 -0700
From:      chip.wiegand@simrad.com
To:        marcus@marcuscom.com
Cc:        Chip Wiegand <chip@wiegand.org>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, tim@firstinitiallastname.com
Subject:   Re: Back to java problem WAS: Re: FreeBSD Port Mozilla - fails	badly when I ran portupgrade

owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG wrote on 04/24/2002 10:46:02 PM:

> > > Looks like you're environment is hosed.  Do you have any "chip"
> > > related environment variables set?  Have you messed with the
> > > compat.linux sysctls?
> > >
> > > Joe
> >
> > Okay, I portupgraded both versions of freetype that are installed and
> > the portupgraded mozilla, and it actually finished without any errors.
> > Great! I also have linux-jdk-1.3.1.03, jre-1.1.8 installed. When I try
> > to build jkd13 I still get the error about no valid java for
> > boostrapping (see above). Should I pkg_delete these and then reinstall
> > them?
> >
> > I'm not sure what you mean by "any "chip" related environment
variables
> > set?" Would that be in the /etc/make.conf? If so, no, it has only one
> > line - XFREE86_VERSION=4 and nothing else. Another poster mentioned
> > adding WITH_FULL_MOZILLA=yes to the make.conf, but I forgot to before
> > making the portupgrade, would that matter in this case?
>
> If you look at all the environment variables currently set, do any have
> "chip" as part of the value?  Looks like that may be bleeding into the
> jdk port.  I saw a problem similar to this with Mozilla and the PLATFORM
> variable.  gad@ can tell you what he went through to track that down
> ;-).
>
> Joe

It's working now. Please forgive my possibly stupid question, but, where
do
I check the environment variables? I was thinking that was the make.conf
file,
but am I wrong? I did check the /etc/defaults/make.conf and in that file
every
line is commented except one (I don't recall which one specically, I'm
writing
from the office now).
I noticed in Mozilla on the plugins page at the top is the line that
describes
the java plugin, which does have 'chip' in that line, as part of the name,
yet
the java plugin is working. Don't know what that means, if anything.
Thanks for the help, though.

--
Chip W
www.wiegand.org