Date:      Sat, 16 Nov 1996 16:23:10 -0800
From:      Ricardo Kleemann <ricardo@americasnet.com>
To:        FreeBSD ISP list <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   weird error with NFS

Hi,

I have a file system mounted over NFS (/home directory).
Anyway, if I'm a user I can go into my home directory and make changes.
However, AS ROOT I keep getting "Permission Denied"! A check on permissions
reports nothing out of the ordinary.

/home is owned by root.wheel
However, as root I CANNOT create a directory under /home ! :( This
symptom only happens due to /home being NFS-mounted (as client).
The NFS server is a linux box, the client (the one reporting premission
denied) is a freebsd box. The mount was performed with rw of course, and
as I said, if I su to any user, go to his home directory and touch
anything it works fine. It's just root! who can't do anything...

 Any ideas???

TIA,
Ricardo