Date:      Thu, 1 Aug 1996 09:33:40 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mike Tsirulnikov <mt@cns.ucla.edu>
To:        freebsd-bugs@freebsd.org
Cc:        staff@cns.ucla.edu, Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Subject:   FreeBSD 2.1.5 "hanging" after running for a few days

Hello,
	We are experiencing a problem where the machine,
a 200MHz Pentium with 32 Megs of RAM,
stops allowing new processes from being initiated, ie,
new web connections/login attempts are refused.  Also, I have
seen the load take off just prior to this condition.   The
load grows beyond 20 even though the machine is running
the same tasks every day and many days go
without any incident.  Some of the processes continue to
run despite the load (we have SNMP trap server collecting data
that keeps collecting data).

We have upgraded 2.1.0 to 2.1.5 (without a complete re-install)
about a week ago and this problem happened twice already.

Is this a known issue with 2.1.5?

Thanks.

---
Mike Tsirulnikov