Date:      Tue, 23 Sep 1997 10:39:00 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Pedro F. Giffuni" <pgiffuni@fps.biblos.unal.edu.co>
To:        Bob Willcox <bob@luke.pmr.com>
Cc:        chat list <freebsd-chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Linux faster thasn FreeBSD

I  think John Dyson once said that you had to have at least the same swap
space as memory in your box. So your observation is absolutely logical.

I thought the same once, but nothing irregular has ever happened on my
home box. I only have 12M and although my box ran out of processes
while building three ports at the same time, it has never really falled
back.

Hmm... if it shouldn't be done, perhaps it should be changed in the
Handbook? :-)

	Pedro.