Date:      Fri, 28 Jun 1996 09:43:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jake Hamby <jehamby@lightside.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        hamby@aris.jpl.nasa.gov
Subject:   BeBox->FreeBSD telnet trouble..

I just received my BeBox (http://www.be.com/) yesterday and it is too
cool!  Will be porting lots of software to it in the future, hopefully.
Anyway, my problem is minor, and FreeBSD related.  The BeBox comes with a
simple GUI VT emulator, and a command-line (it uses the bash shell)
telnet program.  When I telnet (via Ethernet) to my FreeBSD box, I find
that I need to press ^J instead of Enter to end lines.  Obviously there is
some option negotiation the BeBox is not doing correctly.  Can any network
gurus provide me any information on which option(s) could cause this kind
of problem, so I can maybe fix it myself by fiddling the telnet
accept/deny negotiations and then complain to Be?  Thanks in advance!

---Jake