Date:      	Tue, 25 Apr 1995 22:34:50 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tom Samplonius <tom@haven.uniserve.com>
To:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
Cc:        Sean Kelly <kelly@fsl.noaa.gov>, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Buslogic?

On Tue, 25 Apr 1995, Rodney W. Grimes wrote:

> If you can get into AutoSCSI with JP4 and JP5 installed, then leave
> it set that way.  This is the factory default, and what I have found
> to be the most common working setup for the card.

  Unless things have changed very recently, I don't think this is still
the case.  My 946C was shipped directly from Buslogic last week, and has both
JP4 and JP5 removed and it specifed in the manual that this is the factory
setting.  The manual also goes on to say that you may need to change
these jumpers for "non-compliant" motherboards only, but gives no
intruction on how to identify a "non-compliant" motherboard!

Tom