Date:      Mon, 17 Jul 1995 11:02:17 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brian Handy <handy@condor.physics.montana.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Increase swap Q

Well...I'm still paying for my ignorance when I installed 2.0.5.  My swap
space is way WAY too small.  I have 24 MB of ram, and the disk partitions
look like this (240 MB hard drive):

Filesystem  1K-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity  Mounted on
/dev/wd0a       22823    12488     8509    59%    /
/dev/wd0s4e    179342   121801    43193    74%    /usr
procfs              4        4        0   100%    /proc

Yep...that's a big 4K for swap.

So...after noting that little problem, I then note I'm short on disk space
by about 40 MB.  It appears I've configured away a large chunk of my disk.
The whole disk is (supposed to be) FreeBSD.

SO....my question was about to be 'how do I make a larger swapfile', but I
have a feeling it's deeper than that.  How can I figure out where the rest
of my disk went, and any suggestions for how to reclaim it short of
rebuilding the system?

Thanks

Brian Handy