Date:      Mon, 27 Nov 1995 21:45:08 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        -Vince- <vince@apollo.COSC.GOV>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>, joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: schg flag on make world in -CURRENT

On Mon, 27 Nov 1995, -Vince- wrote:

> > 2)	Your pty must be marked "secure".  Currently, it is marked as
> > 	"network", mostly because networks aren't secure.  Since you
> > 	can't pick your pty, you pretty much have to lett all of them
> > 	in.  Be sure to put "Welcome, system crackers!" in your login
> > 	prompt in gettytab.  8-).
>
> 	So that's it, the pty must be secure but I can't really control
> that since I thought you can't telnet or rlogin into a secured pty.  Not a
> bad idea for the login prompt =)

	All "secure" means is that it is considered to be a secure means
(ie. untappable) of connecting to that site.  For instance, I would imagine
that a machine sitting behind a very good firewall could have its pty's
considered "secure", which would allow you to have all you machines on the
local, behind-the-wall, network "open" to each other

	Usually, a "secure" line would be a leased line between two
points, where the line is nice a shielded from any outside eavesdropping...
which, nowadays, doesn't exist, does it? (rhetorical question, please don't
answer? :) )

Marc G. Fournier | POP Mail  Telnet Acct  DNS Hosting
scrappy@hub.org  |  WWW Services   Database Services  | Knowledge,
 soon to be:     |                                    | Information and
scrappy@ki.net   |      WWW: http://hub.org           | Communications, Inc