Date:      Sat, 20 Apr 1996 18:59:55 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Khetan Gajjar <khetan@iafrica.com>
To:        John Brann <jbrann@panix.com>
Cc:        freeq <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: PPP on demand.

On Sat, 20 Apr 1996, John Brann wrote:

> outside world.  This may be something you did deliberately ('ping chain')
> or implicitly.  The normal reason for this behaviour is name resolution.

Thought of this one already. My host.conf has the hosts first,
and then bind.

Another thing is what should the correct entries be in my ppp.conf (re
ifaddr and add route) and my sysconfig (re: ifconfig_tun0, static_routes and
route_multicast) ?

Basically, what I am looking for is this : someone who has gotten (with
just standard stuff that ships with 2.1r) FreeBSD to dial into their
ISP when they need to (eg. telnet somewhere or check mail) and have
the routing, etc working fine.

I think I have gotten it working fine, but don't know if maybe I'm doing
something patently stupid.

I am ordering the FreeBSD handbook from Walnut Creek; maybe that will
answer some questions.

---
Khetan Gajjar
Visit at http://www.iafrica.com/~khetan/