Date:      Mon, 21 Oct 1996 14:09:43 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Steve Reid <steve@edmweb.com>
To:        security@freebsd.org
Subject:   [bugtraq] Serious Linux Security Bug

This has been discussed on the Bugtraq list for a few days now, but I
haven't seen any talk of it here.

There is no mention of the attack working against *BSD machines except for
one person running FreeBSD 2.1.5 who reported that his Intel EtherExpress
card stopped working for a couple of minutes.

The attack is simple. From a Win95 box,
ping -l 65510 buggyhost
and it can crash or reboot some OSs. Very nasty.

Has anyone checked the FreeBSD kernel to make sure that we're not
vulnerable?