Date:      Wed, 7 Jan 1998 15:45:26 -0800 (PST)
From:      Administrator <shanmin@shell.lvdi.net>
To:        grog@lemis.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Netscape #2

>Thanks for pointing that out!  I did not know using a Microsoft Outlook would
>make that much difference in the format!  Well, here's the letter again,
>corrected (I hope).  If it still lacks formatting, please tell me.  I
>don't want to make the same mistakes.  Thank you very much for pointing
>this out!

Hello, everybody.
     I am in need of dire help.  I have set up XWindows and configured my
PPP dialer in FreeBSD 2.2.2, and I just attempted to install Netscape.  I
downloaded the gzip file from the netscape FTP site and stored it in the
/usr directory.  I then did a

gzip -dc "filename" | tar -xvf -

which extracted the files.  According to the Netscape site, I was then
supposed to type ./nl-install, but I could not find a "nl" file!  So, at
this point, I was stuck.  I did not know what to do, so I start XWindows and
started the "netscape" executable file.  It opened fine, but there were some
errors when Netscape ran.  For one, everytime I pressed the backspace key,
it would do a space forward instead of backwards.  Everytime I open up a new
window or go to a new site, an error dialog box titled "Netscape: subprocess
diagnostic (stdout/stderr)" would come up, with the following body:

Warning:  translation table syntax error: Unknown keysym name: osfActivate
Warning:  ... found while parsing '<key>osfActivate:BullentinBoardReturn()'
Warning:  translation table syntax error: Unknown keysym name: osfCancel
Warning:  ... found while parsing '<key>osfCancel:BullentinBoardReturn()
                                     "etc."
                 <<stderr diagnostics have been truncated>>

Any ideas as to how to fix this problem?  Please help me - I would
appreciate it.  Also, my XWindows resolution is way too big, which makes the
fonts way too small, and the mouse takes forever to move.  Any ideas how to
lower the resolution to fix this problem?

-