Date:      Sat, 12 Oct 1996 20:07:35 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        gena@NetVision.net.il
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   name for installed libxforms.a ...

Hi !

I wanted to make a port of the TeX typesetting frontend Lyx.
It relies on the xforms package.

It doesn't recognize that xforms is installed on my system,
because it's installed under a different name libxforms.a.
The standard name for this lib seems to be libforms.a.

When browsing through the patches of the port I saw, that you
changed the name from libforms.a to libxforms.a.

I think this namechange should be removed / reversed ...

Other packages that rely on a libforms library will definitively
fail for the same reason ! Please change that or give me a good
reason for changing the name.

	Andreas ///

__
andreas@klemm.gtn.com         /\/\___      Wiechers & Partner Datentechnik GmbH
   Andreas Klemm          ___/\/\/         Support Unix -- andreas.klemm@wup.de
pgp p-key  http://www-swiss.ai.mit.edu/~bal/pks-toplev.html  >>> powered by <<<
ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/system/Printing/aps-491.tgz  >>>    FreeBSD <<<