Date:      Tue, 17 Dec 1996 16:03:34 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Eric J. Schwertfeger" <ejs@bfd.com>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Will Qt be updated in time for 2.2?

I sent email to searle@longacre.demon.co.uk, who is listed as the
maintainer for the Qt port, but haven't seen a response, so I asume he's
either too busy, home for the holidays, or something like that.

Anyway, Qt 1.1 was recently released, and while for the most part it
wasn't a dramatic improvment, it now has geometry management classes, so
there won't be any more placing all of your widgets by hand for simple
layouts.  With this in mind, I think it's important that Qt 1.1 makes it
into 2.2, because I suspect most people are going to write their code to
take advantage of this (I wouldn't use 1.0 because of this).

Anyway, it seems like a simple enough change (replaced all occurances of
1.0 with 1.1 in the Make file, update the MD5 signature), but since I'm
not the maintainer, I thought I should ask about the procedure in this
case.