Date:      Mon, 27 Jan 1997 23:51:10 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Eric A. Griff" <eagriff@global2000.net>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can't get `.' off of root's path

Do your echo $PATH, as well as $path before you su root. You will probly
find . , : at the end. or :: in there somewhere.

I have the same thing. It seams that su root does get it out of the path,
as I still need ./ to run nonpath stuff.

Thank you very much.
-Eric

| Eric A. Griff				| Griff Enterprises
| Owner 		        	| RD#1 Box 372
| 					| Oneida, NY 13421
| eagriff@global2000.net		| USA
| Running: FreeBSD 3.0-CURRENT FreeBSD  |
|    The best OS this side of anywhere! |