Date:      Sun, 13 Apr 1997 18:57:31 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 430TX ?

{
Sorr, but I don't like CC: lists *that* long, so I shortened it - hope all
are subscribed to -hackers.
}

On Sat, 12 Apr 1997, Terry Lambert wrote:

> >  > Right. If you look at the Mips, Alpha, PowerPC, Sparc, etc.. They all
> >  > have 1-2Meg caches on the higher end systems.
> >
> > ...1-2M is a small cache, IMO.  We have an Alpha with a 4M cache, and are
> > getting some with 16M cache..
>
> The real pain is that no one seems to be doing anything about getting
> SRAM density up... the only benefit DRAM has over SRAM is its density...
> everything else favors SRAM.

4MB SRAM simms (12 ns) are available now. But where shall you plug
them into? I really doubt any present PC/PowerPC/Alpha chipset is capable
of making use of SRAM. Though it would make wonders to applicatiions
hindered by present memory throughput

	Sander