Date:      Tue, 15 Apr 1997 21:19:20 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Doug Russell <drussell@saturn-tech.com>
To:        Thomas Arnold <tom@inna.net>
Cc:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>, Stephen Roome <steve@visint.co.uk>, Dave Alderman <dave@persprog.com>, hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Pentuim or Pentuim Pro ?

On Tue, 15 Apr 1997, Thomas Arnold wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Apr 1997, Doug Russell wrote:
>
> Word from my AMD rep is there is a new chipset coming after the AMD640.
> Although I dont buy that series of parts from AMD I am on the list when
> they have eval boards available.  Saying that, AMD doesn't even have
> AMD640 eval boards yet.  AMD does plan to support OpenPIC.  So does VIA
> the chipset maker that licensed the VP2 chipset to AMD ( ie : the AMD640

It would sure be nice to have a multi-K6 machine.  :)

Oh...  By the way.  Has anyone done any benchmarks on the K6 chips under
FreeBSD yet?  If not, let me know what tests you all want done on one,
because I'm going to be picking up my first K6 for evaluation tomorrow.
It's only a K6-166 chip, and I'll be running it in an ASUS HX board, but
it should be some kind of indicator as to what the things can do.

Later......						<Doug>