Date:      Sat, 10 May 1997 13:19:18 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Shawn Ramsey <shawn@luke.cpl.net>
To:        John-David Childs <jdc@denver.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: smtp server?

m> > Is there an easy way to restrict users outside our netmask from being
able
> > to use our SMTP server? They way it is now, _anyone_ can set their SMTP
> > server to us, and there is nothing we can do about it. Is there a way
> > around this?
> >
> > thanks.
> >

> http://spam.abuse.net/spam
> http://www.informatik.uni-kiel.de/%7Eca/email/check.html#check_rcpt
>

> Be prepared to deal with a lot of users who have multiple dialup accounts
> and/or access the net from work via a different provider ;(

It seems the solution at www.informatik.... will let you set it so you can
relay only for who you want. Does anyone already have a sendmail.cf with
this ruleset already set? I don't use/have a .mc file, and tried putting
it directly into sendmail.cf, but get lots of errors. :(