Date:      Thu, 7 Aug 1997 04:39:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Chris Timmons <skynyrd@opus.cts.cwu.edu>
To:        ken@tydfam.iijnet.or.jp
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Q) CVSup operation

Maybe a packet filter is blocking the connection that the server is trying
to make back to your machine?  If you like, try connecting to
cvsup.freebsd.org and drop me a line in private email with the date/time
utc that you tried, and your machine name.  I can tell you a little more
from looking at the server side log files.

CVSup's author (John Polstra) has recently added support for mulitplexed
mode, which may help you if there is a firewall problem.  You will want to
make sure you have the most recent release of the software:

	ftp://hub.freebsd.org/pub/CVSup/cvsup-bin-15.1.tar.gz

And then RTM and try:

	cvsup -P m -g -L 2 supfile.cvsup

hope this helps,

-Chris