Date:      Thu, 22 Jan 1998 08:36:23 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Lee Crites (AEI)" <leec@adam.adonai.net>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Had the shotgun out and pointed at my -current/SMP box...

=>>So I pop the cover off this bad boy and lo and behold, 2 64MB parity's
=>>from one vendor, 2 more 64MB parity's  froma different vendor.
=>
=>Are you sure that NT was seeing all the memory or using it ?

I have no clue what this guy's situation is, but remember, y'all,
our illustrious competitor, NT, is quite a bit slower than we
are.  It is possible that NT was slower than the slower of the
two sets of ram, so it *really* could have never noticed the
problem.  FreeBSD, on the other hand, obviously did.

So I'd bet NT saw all of the memory *and* was able to use it.  We
just couldn't.

My first FreeBSD box was a converted NT (3.xx) box which labored
under only 8 users.  Under fbsd I tested a max of 70+ users.
(p200/128meg for those who care).

Pretty fair difference from my perspective...

Lee