Date:      Tue, 1 Apr 1997 15:55:08 -0800 (PST)
From:      Burton Sampley <burton@bsampley.vip.best.com>
To:        dmaddox@scsn.net
Cc:        toj@gorilla.net, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Current is crashing X

I cvsup'ed on sat morning.  Make world completed and I rebuilt my kernel.
I haven't had any problems with X.  Maybe it's your display server, are
you both using the same server?  I'm running AcceleratedX from XI
Graphics.

On Tue, 1 Apr 1997, Donald J. Maddox wrote:

> Tom Jackson
> > Running current on a p5/100. Kernel built from ctm#2824 seemed to have no
> > problems. Got ctm#2827 today and since there had been some kernel source
> > changes, rebuilt the kernel after a successful make on the system. When
> > I went to start X the box crashes and does an auto reboot.
> >
> > CTM having its latency, I looked for anything similar, didn't see any, and
> > wonder if this is some fluke. Any others see this?
>
>     It's no fluke...  I did my build last night from sources
> cvsupped last night, and I'm seeing exactly the same thing.  As
> soon as the server starts a client, the machine locks up tight
> as a drum.
>
>     If anybody has already fixed this, I would sure appreciate
> it if you could mail me a patch...
>
> --
>

>                                             Donald J. Maddox
>                                             (dmaddox@scsn.net)

---
Brought to you by a 100% Micro$oft free system.  You too can disinfect your
system at http://www.freebsd.org

E-Mail:  burton@bsampley.vip.best.com
Alternate E-Mail:  bsampley@haywire.csuhayward.edu
Home Page:  http://www.best.com/~bsampley (permanently under construction)