Date:      Thu, 27 Nov 1997 21:37:25 -0500 (EST)
From:      Cliff Addy <fbsdlist@federation.addy.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adaptec 2940 and FreeBSD 2.2.2-RELEASE

> Michael Slater wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >      I have heard that the Adaptec 2940 driver has had problems in the past.
> >  Is this sorted out in 2.2.2-RELEASE ?

We have had ongoing problems with our Adaptec 2940UW servers since the
2.1.7 debacle.  Our servers were gloriously stable up through 2.1.5,
unreliable since.  2.2, 2.2.1, and 2.2.2 have shown no improvement, same
old story that others have mentioned, especially the spontaneous lockups
with "SCSI bus resets."  Haven't tried with 2.2.5, we're probably
converting to another OS since it looks like it's not going to get fixed.
Personally, I'm tired of getting up at 2am to power-cycle a server, if I
enjoyed that we'd be running NT :)