Date:      Tue, 21 Jul 1998 08:39:08 +0100 (BST)
From:      Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@hotjobs.com>, Joel Ray Holveck <joelh@gnu.org>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: vn subsystem

On Mon, 20 Jul 1998, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > hrm, not really there was some traffic on the lists a few weeks/months
> > back about it being broken, but that's all i know.
>
> Erm, wonderful.  Can we have some commentary from someone who's
> actually proven this either way now?  Like I said, my own usage of the
> vn driver has not shown any such instability.  If someone who's
> _actually used it_ can now comment on its instability, we'll get a lot
> further.

I was using it on 2.2.5 recently and managed to cause a reboot a couple of
times copying large numbers of files into a ufs mounted from a vn device.
I kind of assumed that it was a 2.2.x problem and ignored it.  I'm afraid
I don't even know what the panic message was since the console was in a
different room.

--
Doug Rabson				Mail:  dfr@nlsystems.com
					Fax:   +44 181 381 1039