Date:      Mon, 11 Aug 1997 13:08:18 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <tim@ppp1555.on.sympatico.ca>
To:        Jamie Bowden <jamie@itribe.net>
Cc:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>, Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>, Scott Blachowicz <scott@statsci.com>, ac199@hwcn.org, "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@freebsd.org>, hoek@hwcn.org, softweyr@xmission.com, chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FTC regulating use of registrations

On Mon, 11 Aug 1997, Jamie Bowden wrote:

> Hurt feelings?  Not really, I was just pointing out that anyone who
> believes money is irrelevant is living in a vacuum, and has no grasp on
> the realities of the world we live in.  I am quite sure we would all love
> to live in a utopian world where there are no monetary limitations, but
> it's a pipe dream.

I think the spirit of Annelise's comment was that throwing money at
an education system does not make it better.  Obviously a school
cannot run without money, but, that said, I can point to schools
that do a much better job with less money than other schools with
more money.  There are schools which (desparately?) need more money,
but there are some which probably have more than they need.

--
 tIM...HOEk
OPTIMIZATION: the process of using many one-letter variables names