Date:      Mon, 25 Aug 1997 17:53:38 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mike Newell <mnewell@newell.arlington.va.us>
To:        Dermot Bradley <bradley@errigle.gpl.net>
Cc:        David Langford <langfod@dihelix.com>, marcin@v-m.com, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Real Audio Server under FREEBSD....

On Wed, 20 Aug 1997, Dermot Bradley wrote:

bradley> At my last company we setup a P133 with 64Mb running Linux and a RealAudio
bradley> 3.0 server to do live feeds of the daily news for a local TV station.
bradley> There is a command line recording utility that has an option for live
bradley> feeds - we just combined this with some Perl and hey presto! No need for
bradley> WinBlows :-)

Can you send details on how you did it?  We tried to set it up on a
FreeBSD box (2.2.1)  using live feeds and all it did was core.  Several
Email messages and at least two phone calls to the Progressive "help" line
yielded dead silence - we could NOT get any response from them at all.  I
sent mail to the FBSD lists a while back and got two responses, both of
which relayed the same experiences... :-(

Much obliged,

Mike

| Mike Newell                          | The opinions expressed herein      |
| Affiliation:                         | are mine.  You can take them or    |
| Address:                             | leave them.  Flames to /dev/null.  |
| Mike@Newell.arlington.va.us          | http://www.newell.arlington.va.us  |
| "Peace.  It's wonderful!"  Father Divine.                                 |