Date:      Wed, 3 Sep 1997 01:12:28 -0400 (EDT)
From:      spork <spork@super-g.com>
To:        steve@ns1.cioe.com
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Radius dumping core

Hi,

I just came across the message below while looking for info in the mail
archives about spontaneous radiusd crashes, and I'm curious if anyone had
found a resolution.  We're running into a similar problem (the USR stuff
is still being beta tested) on a 2.1.7-stable machine.  radiusd catches a
sig 11 and dies.  Looking at the core it appeared to be during a failed
authentication.  The same machine runs primary nameservice and acts as a
mail hub, and this is so far the only program that sig 11s.

Does anyone have a preference on which radius dist to use with a USR TCH?

Charles

Date:      Thu, 30 Jan 1997 07:54:03 -0500 (EST)
From:      Steve Ames <steve@vic.cioe.com>
To:        allenh@wtrt.net, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG, steve@vic.cioe.com
Sender:    owner-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: USR Total Control

>>Does anyone have a FreeBSD radius port that will work with the USR Total
>>Control system? I've installed the one in ports-current but it crashes as
>>soon as I attempt to authenticate from the USR onto it...
>> I am using the radius from ports, on a 2.1.6-Release box, with a USR Total
> Control system.  I have not had the problems you describe.  You might want
> to check the logfile to see if it tells why radius crashed.

/var/log/messages is claiming a sig 11 and core dump... Now my first
thought
was 'bad memory chip', but this is the only application that will dump
period. And I've got plenty else running...

                                                -Steve