Date:      Tue, 9 Sep 1997 20:24:12 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Frank Seltzer <frankd@yoda.fdt.net>
To:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Limiting users connect time

I think that I was too vague with my previous question ( and I forgot a
subject line, sorry). What I am after is ISP policy on dealing with a user
who stays logged on constantly.

Do you:

1. Log them off (and wait for them to redial)
2. Log them off and refuse connection for x minutes/hours
3. Send them email asking them to cut down on their logon time
4. Threaten the user with death and dismemberment
5. Terminate their account
6. Other (please specify)

Frank
--
Only in America can a homeless veteran sleep in a cardboard box while a
draft dodger sleeps in the White House - anonymous