Date:      Wed, 10 Sep 1997 22:28:19 -0300 (ADT)
From:      Antonio Bemfica <bemfica@militzer.me.tuns.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD box as a router using ppp

I have a FreeBSD box at home which connects via user ppp to the net. It
all works fine, I can reach and be reached. I use a fixed IP for dialing
out.

I also have a Win95 machine at home, and I would like to have it use the
FreeBSD box to access the net. I got network cards for both PC's and they
can ping eachother, I can telnet to the Unix side from the Windows PC.

I understand that I have to set gateway_enable="YES" on the FreeBSD side,
and also set:

ifconfig_ed1="inet A.B.C.D  netmask 255.255.255.0"
ifconfig_lo0="inet 127.0.0.1"
ifconfig_tun0="inet X.Y.W.Z  X.Y.W.1 netmask 0xffffff00"

On the Windows side I would set the IP to A.B.C.E and set the Gateway to
be the IP I assigned for ed1, A.B.C.D - the problem is I don't have two IP
addresses on a different network. I read the FAQ and the handbook but
couldn't figure how to do it. Any help would be appreciated.

Antonio
Antonio Bemfica, DalTech, Dalhousie U.	|  Hay épocas hechas para diezmar los
=> Support free software, use FreeBSD	|      rebaños, confundir las lenguas
=> http://www.FreeBSD.org		|       y dispersar las tribus.  A.C.