Date:      Fri, 10 Oct 1997 13:46:23 -0400 (EDT)
From:      George Ellenburg <gme@inspace.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Quota and Mail Spool Files

We are running FBSD 2.2.2, Sendmail 8.8.7, and have quotas enabled.

/var and /home are separate file systems.

My users have a quotas of 5000 1k blocks on /var and /home separately,
however I'm noticing that the quotas are not working properly on /var.

Users are able to fill their mailbox and exceed the 5000 1k block limit in
/var/mail.  Anyone have any clues or suggestions as to why this is
happening?  Quotas are working fine on the /home file-system (which are
actually two separate hard drives).  Thanks in advance.