Date:      Sat, 1 Nov 1997 21:38:24 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dave Smith <dave@xoom.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Bill Clark <wclark@xoom.com>, Dave Smith <dave@xoom.com>
Subject:   redirect ftp requests from one machine to another machine

I need a quick fix. Our load balancing server is down
undergoing repair so I need a way to redirect FTP
requests to xoom.com to go to our ftp server, ftp.xoom.com.

I don't want to have to email our users who are used
of doing 'ftp xoom.com' and tell them to do 'ftp ftp.xoom.com'
for the next couple of days. I am trying to come up with a
seamless solution.

Putting the ftp server on the machine which answers to xoom.com
is not feasible. The ftp server is on xoomftp.xoom.com.

All suggestions appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Dave.
--
David Smith - MIS Manager          CONTACT INFORMATION
Xoom Software, Inc.                E-mail: dave@xoom.com