Date:      Mon, 17 Nov 1997 14:35:00 -0700 (MST)
From:      Charles Mott <cmott@srv.net>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD based box wins prize at COMDEX!

On Mon, 17 Nov 1997, Julian Elischer wrote:
> Of course we're thrilled at Whsitle, but I think the FreeBSD
> Community as a whole should take a little bow and pat itself on the
> back, for producing such a great base from which we could work!

[moved to chat]

Congratulations.  Although I haven't used the Whistle box, I feel sure
your award was well-earned.

>  Great work..
> keep it up. We're doing what we can to make sure it's not a one-way
> flow..
>
> (unlike some of our competitors I might add (you listenning iplanet,
> freegate, gnatbox?))

Although the FreeBSD license is on the side of personal freedom, it does
have its downside.  GPL, on the other hand, compels software writers to
give back to the freeware community.

Charles Mott