Date:      Sun, 15 Feb 1998 21:55:59 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "Jim C. Joseph" <jcjoseph@wt.net>
To:        Paul Missman <missmanp@adelphia.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD vs Linux

> >> Heh.  Try using Solaris x86 sometime.  It's about on par with Windows NT
> >> obscurity and performance wise.
> >
> >OK, I was thinking of Solaris 2 on the Sparc.  But I still would have
> >difficulty believing that claim too.
> >

> Well, it doesn't have the nickname Slowaris for nothin.
>
> Paul Missman

I would agree with some points. FreeBSD is a real server OS. I have mine
running NFS, NIS, SMBD, and as an internet router. It handles pretty well.
That is why my Sparc is there for only photoshop. But to be fair, Solaris
on an Ultra could put both of these in the trash(That is assuming you have
$15000 lying around ;).