Date:      Fri, 20 Mar 1998 21:23:09 -0500 (EST)
From:      Derek Flowers <djflow@portwwwbus.tc.cc.va.us>
To:        Wes Peters - Softweyr LLC <softweyr@xmission.com>
Cc:        "Daniel O'Callaghan" <danny@panda.hilink.com.au>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: after the release ...

On Fri, 20 Mar 1998, Wes Peters - Softweyr LLC wrote:

> > PGP signature.
>
> This isn't a bad idea for the package utility in general.  We could
> make it complain about packages with no signature, and refuse to
> install packages whose signature doesn't match?

Why not model it after RPM?  If the size and md5 do not match, return an
error.  Allow the user to overide the check if they wish to do so.

Just to get a feel for pkg_add, what are the stpes taken to add the
software?  I'm thinking the check could be done in the install script,
assuming it executes a script like make would.

Derek Flowers
djflow@erols.com
http://portwwwbus.tc.cc.va.us/~djflow

"640K ought to be enough for anybody."