Date:      Fri, 3 Apr 1998 18:59:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   new motd

Hello!

Please evaluate the following suggestion for a replacement /etc/motd
(login message).  The current one is completely incorrect and I'd like to
save some headaches by directing people to some technical help resources
before hitting the lists.  Please make sure you cc: me on any replies
since I don't have the resources to monitor -newbies in depth.

Thanks for any feedback!

== /etc/motd begin ==
FreeBSD 2.2-VERSION (MYKERNEL) ....

Welcome to FreeBSD!

Please see the Releases page at http://www.FreeBSD.ORG/releases/ for
up-to-the-minute information and important security advisories.

If you require technical assistance:
 1. See the errata for this release on the Releases page.
 2. Search the Handbook, FAQ, and mail archives at
    http://www.FreeBSD.ORG/search.html.
 3. If you still have a question or problem, collect the output of
    `uname -a' and of any relevant program(s) and email your question to
    questions@FreeBSD.ORG.

Enter `/stand/sysinstall' to re-enter the installation and configuration
utility.  Edit /etc/motd to change this login announcement.

== /etc/motd end ==