Date:      Sun, 14 Jun 1998 23:27:56 +0930 (CST)
From:      Kris Kennaway <root@rebel.net.au>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ssh broken on -current

-current as of today, but this port has been broken for several days now
(I first tried it immediately after it was upgraded to 1.2.25).

On compiling, I get:

cc -pipe -L/usr/local/lib -o ssh ssh.o sshconnect.o log-client.o readconf.o hostfile.o readpass.o  tildexpand.o clientloop.o canohost.o  idea.o  rsa.o randoms.o md5.o buffer.o emulate.o packet.o compress.o  xmalloc.o ttymodes.o newchannels.o bufaux.o auth
fd.o authfile.o  crc32.o rsaglue.o cipher.o des.o match.o arcfour.o mpaux.o  userfile.o signals.o blowfish.o deattack.o   -L/usr/lib -lgmp -L/usr/lib -lz -lwrap -lcrypt -L/usr/local/lib  -lutil
sshconnect.o: Undefined symbol `___inet_addr' referenced from text segment
sshconnect.o: Undefined symbol `___inet_ntoa' referenced from text segment
sshconnect.o: Undefined symbol `___inet_ntoa' referenced from text segment
canohost.o: Undefined symbol `___inet_ntoa' referenced from text segment
canohost.o: Undefined symbol `___inet_ntoa' referenced from text segment
canohost.o: Undefined symbol `___inet_ntoa' referenced from text segment
canohost.o: Undefined symbol `___inet_ntoa' referenced from text segment
canohost.o: Undefined symbol `___inet_ntoa' referenced from text segment
canohost.o: Undefined symbol `___inet_ntoa' referenced from text segment
canohost.o: Undefined symbol `___inet_ntoa' referenced from text segment
newchannels.o: Undefined symbol `___inet_addr' referenced from text segment
newchannels.o: Undefined symbol `___inet_addr' referenced from text segment
newchannels.o: Undefined symbol `___inet_addr' referenced from text segment
*** Error code 1

Stop.

Any hints?

Also - I couldnt seem to find this as a package on either ftp.freebsd.org
or internat.freebsd.org (even an old version). Is there some reason it's
not being built as a package on internat (legal reasons?) I made the
mistake of deleting my previously-installed version before the new port
had finished compiling :-(

Kris