Date:      Thu, 18 Jun 1998 02:54:07 -0400 (EDT)
From:      spork <spork@super-g.com>
To:        Doug Lo <jwlo@ms11.hinet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HELP! "who" hangs system.

Is the system totally hung, or is it just the terminal in which you're
running 'who'?

If it's just one terminal, who is probably trying to resolve an IP
address.  With 'w' you can give it the '-n' flag to force it to display IP
addresses rather than names...

Charles

Charles Sprickman
spork@super-g.com