Date:      Wed, 24 Jun 1998 11:29:36 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Atipa <freebsd@atipa.com>
To:        spork <spork@super-g.com>
Cc:        Doug Russell <drussell@saturn-tech.com>, isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Recommended SCSI Drives

> Our new build is most likely going to be a CalPC minitower, and I need to
> cram four drives and a CMD RAID controller in there, which takes one of
> the 5 1/4 slots up front.  The case is nice, it has vents available for
> the front mount drives, the whole side of the case comes off easily, and
> you can slide the whole mobo cage out the back.  What I really need now is
> a small "drive cage" to mount on the bottom for a few more drives...

Insist on ATX form factor, and a case that has (2) fans in addition to the
fan inside the PS. Our ATX Full Tower fits the bill, and has gobs of drive
space. The extra hieght will also aid in airflow and dissipation.

Use an external SCSI enclosure on all 7200 and abov RPM drives, especially
if using a faster P2 system. The P2-400 is a toaster. In need heatsinks on
the CPU, the BX Chipset, the AGP chipset, and the VRM. That will be hot
inside even w/o drives.

Kevin