Date:      Wed, 1 Jul 1998 23:25:42 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Heiko Schaefer <hschaefer@fto.de>
To:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I4B & NAT

Hello all,

I am by now very comfortable and content with my i4b 0.62 installation,
but there is still one thing i am not too comfortable with:

> > > Natd -dynamic in cooperation with sppp doesn't work the way people seem
> > > to think. Natd -dynamic opens a routing socket and waits for a routing message
> > > which is assumed to arrive when the interface gets a new IP-address.
> > > However, sppp doesn't supply a routing message for natd when the IP-address is
> > > changed during ppp address negotiation.
> > >
> > > The result is that the interface IP-address stored in natd doesn't get updated
> > > after a redial.

wouldn't it be possible to change sppp in a way so that natd will be
informed about changes of ip-adresses ?

i've got the feeling, that this would be a much nicer solution, and
it doesn't sound as if it could be too big a problem (i am no
freebsd-programmer, so i am not really able to judge this :-\) ?!

regards,

Heiko