Date:      Fri, 10 Jul 1998 07:48:37 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
To:        pirat sriyotha <pirat@center.oaep.go.th>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: lyx: LaTeX did not work

Hi,

> my system is FreeBSD-2.2.6 with tex-3.14159, teTeX-0.4, latex2e-98.01,
> lyx-0.12.0 and all dvips packages.

Here's the problem!  You should only install either teTeX OR the
combination of tex and latex.  I had this problem at one point as well.
My machine came installed with every single package!  :-)

Try pkg_deleting all of the above packages and just install teTeX.  (If
you just pkg_delete tex and latex I think it will delete some of the
things teTeX needs).  Then try lyx again.  Good luck!

Brett