Date:      Fri, 17 Jul 1998 09:04:57 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tom Bartol <bartol@salk.edu>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   X gets left out of install of 3.0-19980711-SNAP

Hi all,

I just burned a bootable CD of 3.0-19980711-SNAP and did a clean install
from scratch off the CD.  The installation was smooth and nearly flawless
-- the sole exception being that XFree86 was overlooked by the install
process even thought I selected it.  Puzzled, I rebooted into my newly
installed system and ran /stand/sysinstall and reselected the XFree86
distribution for installation but it was still ignored.  I verified that I
was selecting distributions correctly by reselecting and reinstalling the
src distribution without a problem.

So, has anyone else experienced this, have I found a real problem here,
or is my CD somehow corrupted?

Thanks,

Tom