Date:      Fri, 24 Jul 1998 19:18:41 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Greg Pavelcak <gpavelcak@philos.umass.edu>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Directory removal problem.

I am running current from about 2 days ago.

I was moving my ports directory from one disk to another and all
seemed to go well except that the directory ports/games/xpat2
wasn't removed from the first disk. Even when I try to rm -R as
root, it says:

	rm: /usr/d2/ports/games/xpat2/: Directory not empty
	rm: /usr/d2/ports/games: Directory not empty
	rm: /usr/d2/ports: Directory not empty

xpat2 looks empty to me:

 ls -Rl /usr/d2/ports
 total 2
 drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  2048 Jul 24 18:58 games

 /usr/d2/ports/games:
 total 1
 drwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  512 Jul 24 19:01 xpat2

 /usr/d2/ports/games/xpat2:

I always worried that rm -Rf as root was dangerous. Now I can't
even remove an empty directory with it.

Any ideas?

Greg