Date:      Tue, 17 Nov 1998 14:44:27 -0600 (CST)
From:      Jesse Walters <jwalt@mwci.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Xamp installation trouble

	First of all has anyone else had trouble with 2.2.5 and  xamp 8.7?
If it was written for 2.2.6 then I might have my problem solved.  Anyway I
manually downloaded the dist file and when I ran make everything went
smooth until it got to the "==>building for xamp-0.8.7"  then it came up with
an error that stated the following:

ld: no shared -lX11.6.1 available
gmake: *** [qembed] Error 1
Error code 2

Stop.
*** Error code 1           ...etc

I have the qt libraries installed and nothing appeared to be wrong.  Any
suggestions would be nice.  Please direct for replies to me for I am no
longer on this list.  Thank you.

Jesse Walters                              http://users.mwci.net/~jwalt
jwalt@mwci.net