Date:      Sun, 20 Dec 1998 12:29:59 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Alejandro Galindo Chairez AGALINDO  <agalindo@servidor.exsocom.com.mx>
To:        Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: udp security

On Sun, 20 Dec 1998, Karl Pielorz wrote:

> On Sun, 20 Dec 1998, Alejandro Galindo Chairez AGALINDO wrote:
>
> > Thanks Karl
> >
> > i was doing exactly like your suggestions, but in my mind the big problem
> > is dont know how they access the servers, and how they did it across udp.
> > when i reesinstalled the operating system of course i close all the back
> > doors instelled from them but this morning i have the next monitoring:
> >
> > ----------------- Click here -----------------
> > [stats deleted]
>
> They seem to be sending you a lot of DNS (port 53) traffic - are you sure
> your machine has been compromised again? - There are DoS (denial of
> service) attacks for older verions Bind (the DNS system), but not many
> exploits...

Yes, but they are using other ports for attack, not only the domain port
53, iam sure the machine is clean now becouse i reeinstall the operating
system, and i only backup the suernames and password, nothing else.

> As a temporary measure you could disable bind on your system, or if you
> recompile your kernel with bpfilters you can get a tcpdump of the actual
> traffic their sending, e.g.
>
> tcpdump host theirhostname.com
>
> This will show all traffic going to / from their host - and might give you
> an idea of what's going on...

Yes, right now iam monitoring with trafshow, and it use tcpdump, but i
only can see with what protocol and port they are attacking

Thanks for your help :)

Regards
Alejandro