Date:      Thu, 4 Mar 1999 08:24:07 -0600 (CST)
From:      opsys@omaha.com (opsys)
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   My current box is borked.

	A co-worker decided to "fix" my current machine yesterday.
I had built a new kernel without building world yet and he was getting the
usual ps, w, stuff not working with a proc size mismatch. I just hadnt
built world yet. Well he decides to build /usr/src/lib and install them.
Now everything is borked.

	Then he cp's /usr/src/share/mk to /usr/share/mk. This is all he says he
did trying to fix the proc size mismatch stuff.

	I'm trying to build world but now to fix all this and I just get
this:

cc -O -pipe -I/usr/src/usr.bin/make   -I/usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/include
-c /usr
/src/usr.bin/make/arch.c
arch.o: File truncateded
{standard input}: Assembler messages:
{standard input}:1280: FATAL: Can't write arch.o: File truncated
*** Error code 1

I get that same error on everything I try compiling. Usually I can fix
stuff but without the compiler I can't get anything rebuilt.
Is there a way to fix this or do I just need to do a binary install of a
current snap from the 1st and over write the current binaries and
reboot/pray?

--
The cow-orker has been shot. And all access revoked.

Chris
cwatson@worldmediaco.com
opsys@open-systems.net