Date:      Thu, 8 Apr 1999 11:49:12 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Spidey <spidey@libdns.qc.ca>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Using multiple versions of gtk.

hi!

I'm trying to port several programs (ascp, Wminet, and a little bit of
mozilla :)) to FreeBSD, and I'm having problems with the gtk. I've been
able to configure ascp to make it use the 1.0 libraries, but I also have
the 1.1 and the 1.2 libraries around, and other programs such as mozilla
need them, and I always get things like:

checking for gtk-config... /usr/X11R6/bin/gtk12-config
checking for GTK - version >= 1.1.13... no
*** Could not run GTK test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log
for the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means GTK was incorrectly
installed
*** or that you have moved GTK since it was installed. In the latter case,
you
*** may want to edit the gtk-config script: /usr/X11R6/bin/gtk12-config
configure: error: Test for GTK failed.

I get around the gtk-config part by specifying where it is with the
GTK_CONFIG environnment variable, but for the version part, I'm
confused... I never touched the gtk libraries whatsoever since they were
installed, and programs such as gimp install without problems..

could you help me solve this once and for all?

spidey

Si l'image donne l'illusion de savoir
C'est que l'adage pretend que pour croire,
L'important ne serait que de voir

Lofofora